Relay Summer Experience
Relay Summer Experience is an intensive, six-week summer teaching fellowship program. Summer Residents teach summer school to elementary school students while receiving ongoing Relay-aligned coaching and development. Over the course of the summer, you'll be able to:
- Earn a scholarship and gain valuable teaching experience
- Spend four weeks teaching summer school after receiving two weeks of extensive training
- Teach both core and extra-curricular subjects while experiencing the power of helping students grow
- Gain first-hand exposure to Relay professors, teaching pedagogy and an introduction to the Relay Residency as a pathway to begin your teaching career after graduating college
- Build meaningful relationships with a diverse cohort of peers committed to personal development, education, service, and social justice.
“I spent almost all my free time this summer in a culture created by intelligent, innovative young people, and for that I am grateful and changed.”
— Madeline Jones, Relay Summer Experience ‘16
During your initial two week training, you’ll learn how to teach, and you’ll be coached and mentored by experienced teachers.
You’ll learn from Relay’s innovative curriculum and outstanding professors how to create an exciting classroom culture, plan and deliver rigorous lessons, and have fun with your students and peers. You will build your unique teacher identity, and your students will grow as a result of your passion and experience.
While learning how to teach young students, you’ll also engage in powerful discussions and team building activities with your peers.
College students will receive a scholarship for their participation in the program.