Relay Dallas-Fort Worth offers an MAT program for certified teachers with at least one year of experience.
TUITION & AID
TWO-YEAR MAT PROGRAM TUITION & FEES: $35,000
RELAY INSTITUTIONAL AID: $15,000
STUDENT MAX OUT OF POCKET TUITION COST: $20,000
Students may qualify for additional institutional aid and federal aid toward total out of pocket tuition expense. Payment Plans also available. Please contact Student Financial Services with any questions or for more information.
Secondary English Language Arts (Grades 5-12)
Secondary Mathematics (Grades 5-12)
Secondary Science (Grades 5-12)
Secondary Social Studies (Grades 5-12)
The Relay MAT is a 36 credit hour program. Relay’s academic calendar and program structure are designed to accommodate the demanding schedules of graduate students who hold full-time positions in schools. We deliver about 40% of the content online and 60% in person so that graduate students have flexibility to complete large portions of the coursework when it is most convenient for their schedules.
In addition to online coursework, teachers will attend regular in-person sessions, including:
- A two-week summer session before the first year of the program;
- A two-week summer session between the first and second years of the program;
- Two weeknight sessions each month, for core teaching instruction; and
- One Saturday session each month OR two weeknights each month, for instruction specific to grade levels and subjects.
Relay has three terms each year (summer, fall, and spring).
RELAY DALLAS-FORT WORTH ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the standard MAT admissions requirements, participants in the Dallas-Fort Worth MAT program must meet the following campus-specific admissions and certification requirements.
- Teaching Proficiency: Following submission of the initial application, Relay will reach out to selected applicants to request additional artifacts demonstrating their teaching proficiency in various areas of classroom practice.
- Aligned Certification: Applicants must provide proof of a Texas certificate matching the applicant’s major at Relay Dallas-Fort Worth.
1825 Market Center Blvd., Ste.500
Dallas, TX 75207