Work With Us
OUR CORE VALUES
At Relay, our staff members strive to exemplify our core values. We work with urgency to serve our graduate students. We understand that this work requires grit as we strive toward our ambitious goals. We take responsibility for our roles in the institution’s success, and we do this work with respect, showing a genuine curiosity to learn from others’ perspectives. We know that we will only succeed in our mission by leveraging teamwork and embedding equity in all aspects of our work as an institution.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT RELAY
Relay prepares teachers to teach students of all identities and backgrounds in order to push toward a time when this country no longer faces stark educational inequities. We recruit, develop, support, and retain a diverse staff, faculty, and graduate student body. We reflect upon and plan how to become more inclusive and representative of the communities we serve.
Click here for our full diversity statement.
OUR COMMITMENT TO STAFF
We care deeply about our people and are committed to ensuring that they — and their families — are healthy and happy.
- We support flexible work policies for greater work-life balance — many of our employees work remotely all or part of the time.
- We offer medical coverage that greatly limits our employees’ out-of-pocket expenses, and we reimburse them for hitting the gym.
- We provide tuition assistance to help our faculty pursue research and advance their scholarship.
- Parents receive three months of paid maternal leave and one month of paid leave for a partner around the time of a child’s birth, and we offer adoption reimbursement of up to $13,000 per adoption.
- Our compensation is competitive, and we contribute to our staff members' retirement plans.
One of the most valuable things you can do to support Relay is help us find the very best talent. We offer a $500 bonus for referrals that lead to full-time hires and a $125 bonus for those that lead to part-time hires.